What is Buckwheat hulls pillow?
Buckwheat hulls are the hard outer shells that house the seeds of buckwheat grain. The hulls are strong, aromatic and do not retain or reflect heat, making them an ideal allergy-free alternative to feather or synthetic fiber fills for pillows and upholstery.
Buckwheat hulls are firm yet highly malleable and breathable, which makes them ideal pillow fill.
Viet Nam polyester staple fiber can be a substitute for pillow fill.
Advantages of Buckwheat Hull Pillow Filling:
- superior support to all other pillow filling — buckwheat hulls will conform perfectly to the shape of your head and neck
- breathable/promotes air flow keeping you cool
- long life-span
- moldable/malleable – it holds its shape and offers terrific support
Disadvantages of Buckwheat Hull Pillow Filling:
- buckwheat hulls make a rustling noise when shifted
- heavy — a 20×26″ buckwheat pillow weighs around 8 pounds
- too firm for some — buckwheat hull filling does not collapse under pressure, which can feel “hard” to those acclimated to soft pillow types